Tasks answer the question “What needs to be done for a story piece?”
- I need someone to write a text and someone to take a picture.
Desk-Net provides a standardized list of tasks. These can be both deactivated and supplemented with new tasks by users with administrator rights.
To do this, go to "Settings> Tasks".
- Customized tasks can be added (e.g. "Interview" or "Report"). To do this, click on the "+Task" icon.
- Specify a name for the new task and choose from a variety of icons and colors.
- The type determines what kind of content can be uploaded in the Detailed Entry Mask of a Story on the "Content" tab. The "Text" type e.g. creates a text body on the "Content" tab, a "Picture" type allows you to upload an image file.
- Create a short default text to provide assignees with guidance or legal information for this task and save the new task.
- Activate the text length feature to define specific text lenghts and to limit the number of characters in the input field. Learn more about this feature here.
Deactivate tasks (and reactivate deactivated ones).
If you do not need a specific task, you can deactivate it.
To do this, hover the mouse over the task in the task list and then click "DEACTIVATE" to the right of the task.
Deactivated tasks remain in the system and are not removed from existing stories and events. However, they are no longer available in the selection menu for newly created stories.
Deactivated tasks can be reactivated at any time in the same way; to do this, expand the "Deactivated tasks" area.
You can easily change the order of the tasks in the active tasks list by drag'n'drop. The order defined here, will determine the sorting of tasks on the Detailed Entry Mask and the Story List when adding tasks to stories.