You want to connect your editorial software, content management system (CMS), DAM or another system with Desk-Net? This article explains what is necessary to do so and which steps you should take at the beginning.
Connecting Desk-Net with another system is mostly to enable integrated planning and to facilitate internal workflows. Very often, customers approach us with the assumption that we know how to do it the easiest way. But we at Desk-Net neither know your internal workflows nor how you work with your in-house systems. So that the desire for an integration does not start with only a vague idea, an internal analysis of your intentions and workflows should therefore be at the beginning of your considerations.
To get started after that, we recommend the following procedure:
- In order to minimize possible risks, most customers start with a separate test environment (test account, test system), with which they can test a connection of their external system with Desk-Net. For this purpose, you simply go to our website and get a new account (with an e-mail address not yet registered in Desk-Net). This will be your test system.
- Give your test account a meaningful name (for example: "Test system for BUSINESS"). This way, we at Desk-Net can recognize that this is not an ordinary trial account, but a test account. We will mark it as such internally, so that it will not expire after 30 days of trial period.
- For this test account, you create your API credentials in the "Settings" section. You must have administrator rights for this account. Then, link the account to your system. (We are working on making this login even easier and quicker in the future using online tools such as Zapier or Make/Integromat).
- Now you can put everything through its paces and run tests.
- Once all parameters are set up and working as you want in the test environment, you can transfer the configuration from the test system to an existing live account (you would also need to create the API credentials for your live account - see step 2). Or you can convert the test system into your new live account.
Please contact us if you have any questions about this article: firstname.lastname@example.org. Using this support address will ensure that your request reaches the wider circle of our Customer Success, rather than a single addressee.
More in-depth questions about the API interface are answered in our detailed API documentation.
In our support area, you will also find further explanatory articles, such as on the ADFS connection and an overview of existing integrations with other systems. Our information on the various integration options we offer is also helpful.