You can connect your content calendar Desk-Net with the access management platform Okta.
The roll-out has been planned to take place in two phases:
- Live: Single sign-on for Desk-Net users with an Okta account
- Scheduled for Q2 2020: Federation services for admins so that they can create and de-activate Desk-Net user accounts right in Okta
How to Set Up Single Sign-On with Okta for Desk-Net?
- Your company needs to be both an Okta as well as a Desk-Net customer.
- Your Desk-Net subscription must include access to the SAML security features. You get access to these features by purchasing the Support & Security Package. If you are a large enterprise customer this will likely be included in your package.
As a result you need to be eligible to access the Security page in Desk-Net.
Please contact Desk-Net Sales if you are interested in this feature, but don't have access to it.
Setting up the Connection
Follow these steps in Okta (you need to have Okta admin rights for this):
- Create a new application with
- Platform: Web
- Sign on method: SAML 2.0
- Enter the following SAML Settings:
- Single sign on URL: https://desk-net.com/startPage.htm
- Requestable SSO URLs: https://desk-net.com/startPage.htm (Index = 0) AND https://desk-net.com/m/mobile.htm (Index = 1)
- Audience URI: https://desk-net.com
- Name ID format: EmailAddress
- Application username: Okta username
- Update application username on: Create and update
- Copy your application metadata URL
Once you have done this in Okta setting it up in Desk-Net is easy.
- Access the Security page in Desk-Net
- In the Okta section enter the following data from your company's Okta account:
- Domain name (e.g. "acme-publishing.com")
- Metadata URL (copy from Okta)
- Test the connection by clicking on Test Connection
- Click Save at the bottom of the page and you are all done.
How Users Can Use the Single Sign-On
For the first login after the Okta connection has been set up users access Desk-Net via the usual login page.
On that page they find a button Login With Okta. They are then prompted to enter the domain name that's related to their Okta account.
Please check the special page with a list of potential SAML error messages.