This post informs you how to synchronize your Desk-Net appointments, shift assignments and absences automatically with your mobile or stationary devices.
Export your data from Desk-Net to:
- Outlook calendars
- iPhone / iPad calendars
- Google Calendars
- Android calendars
Desk-Net provides a feed containing your personal Desk-Net appointments, shift assignments and absences that you can subscribe to with Outlook. Your internal Desk-Net appointments will be shown in your Outlook calendar. How to subscribe to this feed:
- Log in to Desk-Net and go to the page My Desk-Net > Settings. You will find a password protected link at the bottom. Click it.
- You will be led through a multilevel dialogue with multiple pop-ups.
You will be prompted to allow the start of an application in your browser (yes), which programme should be opened (Outlook) and to fill in your Desk-Net login credentials (email address and password).
- Outlook opens automatically. This may take a while. Now you will find your Desk-Net calendar in the category Other calendars.
iPhone / iPad calendar
You can subscribe to a Desk-Net calendar feed with your iPhone or iPad and have mobile access to your Desk-Net appointments.
- Open the menu Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Add Account > Other > Add Subscribed Calendar on your iPhone / iPad.
- Enter the server: www.desk-net.com/calendar.ics. Click on Next to complete this action.
- Fill in your Desk-Net username (your email address) and your password. Click on Next and then Save.
- Your Desk-Net calendar will be displayed in the menu Calendar.
Now you can see your Desk-Net appointments, shift assignments and absences in your calendar.
You can import your Desk-Net appointments into Google Calendar.
- Log in to Desk-Net and go to the page My Desk-Net > Settings.
- You will find a non-password protected link at the bottom. Click to generate it. Copy the generated link.
- Open Google Calendar.
- Click on the arrow next to Other calendars and choose to Add by URL.
- Paste the copied link and click on Add calendar.
- Now you will find your Desk-Net calendar in the category Other calendars.
The update of the Google Calendar synchronization can be irregular at times. Desk-Net has no influence on this matter.
Calendar on Android smartphones
You can subscribe to a Desk-Net calendar feed with your Android phone and have mobile access to your Desk-Net calendar items.
- To subscribe to this calendar feed please go to your calendar settings page on your mobile phone.
- Add a new calendar and in the following setup process enter a link connecting you to Desk-Net.
You find this link in Desk-Net on the page My Desk-Net > Settings.
Please use the non-password protected link (click to generate a new link) or use the password protected link:
- If you use the password protected link, please enter your Desk-Net username (Your email address) and your password.
The exact way of the setup for your smartphone is depending on the calendar program you are using.
It might be necessary to install a sync software like ICSSync for your Android phone first.
Should you encounter problems with accessing your calendar please email us at email@example.com
Important note for issues with syncing your Desk-Net Calendar with Outlook 2016
Due to the use of a new modern authentication stack by Outlook 2016, issues may arise with the authentication of the access to your Desk-Net calender by Outlook 2016. Please regard following article by the Microsoft Support for a workaround of this issue.