What's a platform?
In Desk-Net stories are assigned to so-called platforms.
Depending on the type of company you work for these can be a website, a magazine, a newspaper, a radio channel, social media, etc.
What's a category?
Categories divide platforms into sections.
Example: The platform is a news site and its categories are Politics, Business, Sport, etc.
Every category may be divided into several sub-categories (e.g. Sport, sub-divided into Football, Basketball and Baseball).
How to add a platform and its categories?
- Go to the page Admin > Platform and click on to "+PLATFORM".
- Enter a name for the platform.
- Enter the publication dates by selecting from one of these two options:
a) Every week: Select one or several weekdays
b) Manually entered dates: If your publication is not a daily or weekly publication select the manual setup, choose the publishing dates and optionally enter a label (e.g. "Summer issue"). Later on, you can always add dates, edit or remove them. Please note: Once you have set the publication frequency, you cannot change it anymore.
- Click "SAVE & CLOSE" or "SAVE & ADD DETAIL SETTINGS" if you want to add categories.
- Click on "Categories" and "+CATEGORY". Type the category's name and press enter.
- Repeat this process as often as necessary. You can re-sort the list of categories by drag'n'drop.
- Add a sub-category by hovering over the category and clicking on "+SUB-CATEGORY".
- Save it.
Next set-up step: Create user profiles