What's a publication platform?
In Desk-Net stories are assigned to so-called publication platforms.
Depending on the type of company you work for these can be a website, a magazine, a newspaper, a radio channel, Facebook, etc.
What's a category?
Categories divide platforms into sections.
Example: The publication platform is a news site and its categories are Politics, Business, Sport, etc.
Every category may be divided into several sub-categories (e.g. Sport, sub-divided into Football, Basketball and Baseball).
How to add a publication platform and its categories?
- Go to the page Admin > Publication Platforms and click on the "Add publication platform" link
- Enter a name for the platform
- Enter the publication dates by selecting from one of these two options:
a) Every week: Select one or several weekdays
b) Manually entered dates: If your publication is not a daily or weekly publication select the publication dates in the left menu and optionally enter a label (e.g. "Summer issue"). Later on you can always add dates and edit or remove them.
- Save your entries - you can now enter categories if needed.
- Click on "Add category", enter the category's name and save it.
- Repeat this process as often as necessary. You can re-sort the list of categories by clicking on "Move up" or "Move down". Add a sub-category by clicking on "Add below".
Next set-up step: Create user profiles