The Saved Views feature allows users to save a specific page with specific settings as a bookmark and to share this view with colleagues.
This post covers
- creating a Saved View
- using it and
- editing and deleting it.
Creating a Saved View
You can set up a Saved View within seconds.
First, find the link "Save this view" to the right of the Apply button.
Please note: This link only appears once you have created a new view. It is not displayed when you are on the default view of the page you are on.
A layer opens allowing to enter the necessary information:
- Name: Define an easily recognizable name. You can edit it later.
- Groups: Views you create are visible to you and only you by default. If you want to share a view with colleagues please select the group(s) of users you would like to share it with. Please note that only internal users and not external users / freelancers can see and access Saved Views.
Using a Saved View
This is even easier than creating a Saved View:
Once you have access to at least one Saved View a link icon appears in the upper right corner.
Click on it and then select the Saved View you want to look at.
The list of Saved Views is sorted in two ways:
- All Saved Views you have created are sorted above those that other users have granted you access to.
- Within those to sections the Saved Views are sorted alphabetically.
Editing and Deleting a Saved View
Open the menu with the list of Saved Views as if you would want to select one.
When you hover with your mouse over one of the list items a Pen icon is displayed on the right side of the menu.
Click on the Pen icon. An edit layer opens allowing you to perform these actions:
- Rename the Saved View
- Add or remove groups for which this Saved View should be visible
- Delete this Saved View via the trash can icon in the upper right corner. Please note: Deleting the Saved View will delete it for all users, not just for you.