With Desk-Net, (freelance) users not only receive assignments. They can also enter their content directly using the content entry feature. The text length function is a sub-function of the text input and serves two purposes:
- Easily define how long the text should be for a text task by selecting from a predefined list of text lengths. These are often labelled with t-shirt sizes such as S, M, L, etc.
- Limit the number of words or characters an in-house or freelance reporter can enter in the content entry field according to the defined text length.
Defining Standard Text Lengths
To set the length options, go to the Admin > Tasks page. You must have Admin rights to do this.
Defining default lengths only works for tasks of type Text. You can either create a new task of this type or use one of the existing ones. The type of task is indicated in the task list by the grey label to the right of the task name. Once the task type has been set and saved it can no longer be changed.
Follow these steps:
- Open an existing text task for editing or create a new one.
- Activate the Text Length feature.
- Select whether you want to limit the size of the text by characters (including spaces) or by words.
- Enter data for at least one line in the table below. Enter the maximum number of characters or words in the left column and an optional label (e.g. "XL") in the right column.
- If you want users to be able to not specify the exact size then activate the "Allow empty value" option.
- Save your changes.
These text length options are now displayed and can be edited in various places in Desk-Net.
Limiting the Content Delivery
Once these text lengths have been defined, they will automatically limit the amount of text a user can enter in the body field of the content entry feature.
Note - Status September 2023:
The limitation of the content delivery is currently not yet active and will be available in a few weeks. You can already make all other settings.