You already know how to enter a story in Desk-Net. This article will now focus on the presentation of stories in different views in Desk-Net. Specifically, it is about the following pages:
The dashboard page displays the data for the current day or the next possible issue. You can also display any other date. You can also choose whether you want to display both, stories and events or just one of those. How to do that you will learn here. We just want to see the stories now.
As an example, the following story should serve:
After we have saved, we look at the entry on the dashboard page. There it looks like this:
- Filter by groups
- Filter by publication platform and category
- filter by format
The filters described below are all located in the control area below the navigation bar. On some pages the filter options vary, but the following filters are mostly to be found.
Filter by group (department etc.)
If you are a member of a particular department or department, you are usually only interested in the data of that group.
From the first menu ("Show data for ..."), select the departments / departments that are relevant to you.
The selection in this menu essentially has the following effects on the following areas:
- Notes: You will only see notes assigned to this group
- Shifts & Absences: Only layers and absences of employees that are explicitly assigned to this group are displayed
- Stories: Depending on what your administrators have done for settings, selecting this menu may cause you to see only publication platforms and categories edited by those departments (eg, you can only see sports pages if you select the sports section have selected).
In many cases, however, administrators do not limit the choices, so selecting the department does not affect the scope of the list of related stories.
However, the main filter for the story lists is the filter by publication platform and category (see above).
- Events: The selection of groups can filter the appointment or calendar lists in such a way that you can only view the appointments of the selected groups.
If you already have access to the groups of a company and you are granted additional access to the data of another company, you can or must select at least one group of this additional company in this menu to access the second menu (see below) To obtain publication platforms of this company.
Filter by platform and category
In the second menu you will find a selection of the publication platforms (for example, magazines, newspapers, websites, etc.) to which you have access or which have been assigned to the groups selected in the first menu by the administrators.
Next, let's look at the story entries in short and long-term planning.
About 2. View stories in short- and long-term planning
2.1 Short-Term Planning
In short-term planning, you can display the story entries for up to 14 days or issues. You can set this via the small gear icon in the upper right corner (see screenshot). Please note that any filter settings that you made on the dashboard page are included in the story planning.
As an example of the entries we take the following story:
Now that we have saved this entry, it lands accordingly in our story planning. This looks like this:
The entries now appear in your planning, sorted by publication platform, always at the respective publication date. Surely you have noticed directly that a publication is missing. This is simply due to the period shown. We can now either extend the time span from 5 days to 9 days or adjust the date from which we display our entries accordingly. For the sake of simplicity, we will change the start date here. After that, we also find the publication for the publication platform Journal.
- Per mouse over: Move the cursor over the entry. A pop-up menu will appear. Select "move". This assigns the publication to the next possible date. At the same time you will be asked what should happen to the other publications of this story (see screenshot).
- move to the next publication date
- select a new publication date
- keep the current publication date
- remove from this platform
- via drag & drop: You can easily "drag" the publications into other platforms or categories. Please note that you may need to change your personal settings to see the empty platforms and categories. Click with the left mouse button on the desired entry and keep the key pressed. Now you can move the entry. Possible new publication fields will be displayed green. If you have decided on a date / platform / category, release the mouse button. The same menu appears as when moving the entry. Enter the required information and click on "ok".
2.2 Long-Term Planning
Now let's look at our entries in long-term planning. Since we can look at much larger datasets here, the entries are displayed in a list. We can display up to 365 days. Again, previous filters are taken over with. If you should miss entries, please first look at the filter settings.
You can change the sorting of the list via the small gearwheel top right if you wish. If you primarily publish online, i.e. not only on a specific day, but also at a specific time, sorting by publication time may make more sense to you than sorting by platform. In the following screenshot, the sorting was done by publication time.