You can enter a story in two ways:
- Using the Fast Entry feature
- Using the Detailed Entry feature
About the Fast Entry feature
This feature is ideal for quickly entering simple stories.
Click on any category label to open the Fast Entry feature (a small green link "Add story" appears when you hover with your mouse over a category label).
Enter the story title/description into the first text entry field. Hit the Enter key or the
The second entry field "Assignments" is optional. You can use it to enter formats/tasks (e.g. "text", "video") and to assign those to users (e.g. "text:Mark"). Click on the "?" in the Assignments entry field to learn more about this feature.
In case you want to enter more details click on the "Add details" link on the right. This will take you to the Detailed Entry mask.
About the Detailed Entry feature
The Detailed Entry feature allows you to enter more complex stories. It also opens when you edit an existing story.
To enter a new story click on the large "+ Story" button at the top of the page.
The Detailed Entry mask with its many entry fields opens. Please note that most of these fields are either optional and/or pre-filled with data so that you do not have to enter the data yourself.
These are the most important entry fields:
- Description: Enter a description/title for the story.
- Note and Attachments: Enter optional additional information or upload documents related to the story.
- Assignments: Choose from the list of assignments (e.g. text, picture, video. etc.) and add a user. You can enter a user as free text if she is not yet a Desk-Net user.
- Publication platforms: Assign the story to any number of publication platforms. Once you have done this (and saved the story) the story will appear on the story list of the platforms you have selected.