What does the Slack integration allow you to do?
Once the integration is set up you can share individual stories in Desk-Net on Slack and add a comment for your colleagues in the newsroom.
- Choose the "Send to Slack" option. This can be done in two places: In story lists hover over the story description. The usual contextual layers with actions and related information opens. Choose Send to Slack. On the main entry form for stories you will find a Slack icon in the upper right corner.
- An entry form opens. Add a message and select the Slack channel to which you want to send the story and your message to.
- Click on Ok. If you are sending the story from a story list the data transfer to Slack is immediately initiated. In case you are sending it from the main entry form you need to save the entire story to send the data to Slack.
The result will look like this:
How to connect Desk-Net with Slack?
Setting up the integration is an easy and short process. You need to have admin rights in Desk-Net to activate it, though.
- Navigate to the General Settings page
- Click on the large Slack button
- A Slack web page opens asking you to grant permission to connect the two systems. Accept it.